Thursday, February 12, 2009

A change in status

As it seems, I likely do not have lymphedema. That's a praise! This hasn't been confirmed by anyone really, but it is unlikely. I do evidence swelling in my left arm, but I have no soreness in my lymph nodes which is pretty much a must, I think. My doctor thinks I probably have a blood clot in my left arm which has its own share of troubles. Thus, I'm trying to make my way to get some tests done as soon as possible (arterial and venus dopplers).

If the blood clot makes its way into my lungs or heart I could die instantly. This is incredibly sobering, and I'm not sure of its likeliness at this time. I do know that the fragility of life is becoming ever more aware to me. More accurately, the pre-existence of this fragility is hitting me. It's only by the grace of God we breathe our next breath, make that turn just in time, pull it together on that hydroplain, don't breathe too much of the carbon monoxide we can't detect, etc.

Strangely enough, I have peace. I have generally been fearful of death in my life, especially the rapture (if it is, indeed, to happen). Though, as I am faced with the increased possibility of death, I am at peace. I am concerned for my wife's well-being. I am concerned as to how I would be rememberd. I am concerned for those left behind. I wonder if those whom I have asked to perform specific tasks at my funeral/memorial will uphold the commitments I asked them to make.

On a more socially acceptable and positive note, I think I have found a place that can perform my needed tests without me having insurance and I will only be charged according to my income and/or how much money I have with me that day. I think I'm going to take the day off from my internship and see to this tomorrow. In thinking about it tonight, I should probably put this as a pretty high priority since it has lethal potentiality.

I have started exercising, and that seems to be reducing the swelling some. I have also started taking aspirin twice daily to keep my blood a little thinner to at least serve as a preventive measure concerning blood clots, if not a method by which to break down the possible blood clot in my arm.

Many prayers are still needed and appreciated.

What has made/makes you aware of the fragility of life, if you have ever been made aware of this?

Big Pimpin': Check out http://phlebotomic.blogspot.com to see how they are being bled out for Christ.

3 comments:

  1. You got it, friend. And remember that there are people willing to help out if medical costs get crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When people in my immediate world are affected/impacted with health issues are when I think of the fragility of life.

    Prayers heavenward for you my friend. And for your beautiful bride. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete