Friday, February 13, 2009

Blown away

That's what I am. blown away. I have been praying for the Lord's provision and He has surfaced Himself in very tangible ways today. A local church - which I do not attend, mind you - has offered to pay half of the costs for the two procedures I need to have done. This came about by me asking a ministry leader if she knew any resources for people without insurance. I was astounded at this news, especially by the fact that the church does not typically offer this type of benevolence to non-church members. Today, I have had two other cherished people in my life offer help with the medical expenses if necessary.

I am astounded by this response! It reminds of the first church and how they pooled their resources to care for one another. This is especially touching to me in light of the current economic situation of the nation. Please do not hear this post saying that people should offer us financial help, or others are better/worse if they did/do not. Each person should follow the convictions that Christ lays on his or her heart and nothing else.

I write only to say that my wife and I are inexpressibly grateful to all of you for this support, friendship, and love.

At this point, I am unsure whether we will need additional help with financing the medical care at this time. I promise to keep you all informed honestly and openly (in the true Obama presidency fashion) about our goings on and needs. If the Lord does lay it on a person's heart to give, I promise to do my best to lay my pride aside and respond with the deep appreciation and humbleness this is within me through this.

Again, thank you all for your support and love that you have offered in various mediums. The Lord is good and will be proved good no matter the outcome of me and/or my arm. Let the sole goal in this be: to God be the glory.

2 comments:

  1. that's so good to hear man. quite the answer to prayer.

    I remember, right before you and I were roommates, and we needed the money for the down payment for the apartment, I prayed God would help provide money for it.

    That same day, you told me you'd unexpectedly gotten more than enough money and I could pay you back.

    That was a cool experience. God does answer prayer and most often in ways we don't expect.

    Be blessed, my friend.

    ReplyDelete