Thursday, October 4, 2012

community

It's been a while since I've been excited about my weekly schedule. Things have changed. It looks like I'll soon be meeting weekly or every other week in my sex addicts anonymous groups, a one-on-one bible study with a brother in recovery, a group of young men being discipled by leadership at church, and a small group for young, married couples with no children.

With all of this I can't help but be nervously excited about this new prospect of community while also being anxious and moderately scared. I have been isolated and cut of emotionally for so long now, community feels foreign. It's time to pick up a new language and customs.

~God, let me not look to your bride for only what you can give. Keep my eyes drawn to you, even if they be tear filled and laden with burdens.

No comments:

Post a Comment